For tomorrow, please watch the Game Changers videos on Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg. We’ll discuss. And, we’ll move into the HTML exercise. Make sure you have filled out the form (link in a previous message) with your blog url, twitter and facebook, so I can set up those things on our site and check your work. Also, join the FDOM Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/194529990710433/.
Carlos and Elias will be the first news posters by tomorrow night on both the Facebook group and Twitter. Everyone else will need to comment (on FB) by noon on Friday. Basically that’s how it will go. Your assigned day is on the course outline. I’ll review quickly at beginning of class tomorrow.
You should be doing your next blog post too. You have to have five by the midterm, which is already coming up quickly.
Tomorrow I will also talk about your Friday and weekend assignments, including the Twitter Scavenger Hunt!
Another great discussion today. We’ll get finished up with history tomorrow. Make sure you have done everything from yesterday’s email: setup WordPress and do initial post, fill out the form with your Blog url, Twitter, LinkedIn, readings, and the definitions of the Key Concepts and Terms from the Social Media Techniques presentation (we’ll discuss, print out so you can turn in).
- Read Chapter 2 on Blogging
- Watch Did You Know and The Machine is Us/Ing Us videos.
We’ll finish the video on the History of Internet/Web in class.
That’s it. I just sent a message about the News Presentations. We’ll discuss tomorrow, and I will post the schedule.
Great discussion for day 1. For tomorrow, we’ll be talking about the History of the Internet and Web.
Here’s what you need to do before class:
- Read: Intro and Chapter 1 in Journalism Next
- Read: From Pencils to Pixels (link on course outline at http://fdom.cindyroyal.net/outline/)
- Start your blog – check out the WordPress handout, and look at the Blog Assignment on the Assignments page of the site. Do the basic setup requirements and write a GOOD introductory post on the topic of your blog. Remember, good posts have visuals and links!
- Join Twitter and LinkedIn if you haven’t already. For Twitter, if you follow me, you might get hints for tests or quizzes. @cindyroyal. Do a tweet using our hashtag #fdom that introduces your blog topic and its url.
- Fill out the form (I sent link via email) with your name, blog url, twitter and LinkedIn. Do it before class time tomorrow Tues, July 9
- Look at the Social Media Techniques powerpoint on the course outline. I went over that in class. On the 13th and 14th slides, find the Key Concepts and Key Terms. Get the definitions for all of them, type and bring to class. We’ll discuss. You’ll turn them in.